Above a sea of fog - Near lake Garda, about 15 kilometres south of Sirmione, in northern Italy. After taking off with my paramotor I do the usual horizon scan to see where I am from above, also to check on the advancing fog that is moving in my direction. To my surprise  I see this very tall tower rising above the fog layer, there was only this tower, a sea of fog and the blue sky. Breath taking.....
Arriving at the tower the fog below started to become denser and a slight wind was bringing more fog to my take off area, so after 10 minutes I backtracked to where I started from and landed. If I had stayed too long up in the air I would no longer be able to land! There are a lot of things to manage during a flight.

The tower of San Martino - The tower rises 64 metres over the highest hill in San Martino, a town not far from the beautiful village of Sirmione and lake Garda. It was built to remember King Vittorio Emanuele II and those who fought for the Italian independence and union throughout the campaigns between 1848 and 1870. Construction began in 1880 and it was inaugurated on 15 October 1893, in the presence of King Umberto I, Queen Margherita, ministers, members of the parliament and a large crowd coming from all the Italian provinces.
San Martino, Italy, Jan 2018

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Photographies aérienne haute définition prisent en France et en Italie par Gaëtan Hutter